Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get along with others and be a team-player and a Leader.
Must be mature and secure. Able to commute reliably to territory. Able to work extended hours
on occasions when required. Must have clean or near clean driving record.
Specific Job Skills:
- Account Representative must be properly licensed to sell insurance and complete continuing education requirements as necessary
- Solicits and writes policies and other necessary documents to increase product density
- Coordinates with the owner to provide assistance in determining proper coverage.
- Provides underwriting for proposals and rating for new accounts, including providing quotes on all new business and annual reviews.
- Executes realtor, mortgage company and title company marketing programs.
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media.
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Meets the production requirements and goals assigned by the owner
- Appreciates need for consistency within company's branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
- Maintains a sales record each month and provides a copy to the owner.
- Logs and tracks all canceled policies and submit a copy of the log to the owner.
- Monitors and evaluates all policies for lapse information weekly and for fire-loss ratio and provides copy of logs to the owner.
- Sends solicitation letters to Party on all claims in appropriate situations.
- Ensures all required waivers are signed and keeps copies of insured person's licenses on file.
Literacy and NumerAble to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, developing agency relationship with existing clients.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development.
- Maintains knowledge of new products. Pursues a program for development of personal and business skills.
- Actively solicits expiration dates from new clients.
- Must speak and write fluent Spanish
Internal staff management is a part of the job, responsibility and opportunity will grow with the further development of the business, for example the prospect of selecting and managing support and sales staff will be a requirement of this position. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be necessary. Must be able to train new staff as needed.
Education: College degree required.
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 DOE
Benefits: Benefits available upon completion of 90 day eligibility period.